Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Birthdays

It is that time of year again, the kids birthdays. I told firstborn that after her 10th there would be no more parties. She will be 11 this month. What to do...what to do... She would love a sleepover but I am sorry OK, I am not one of those calm dreamy mothers that float thru sleepovers like they are a Tupperware party accompanied by wine! I am just not one of those, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sleepovers to me mean noise, backtalk from firstborn since she is soooooooooooo special during these times, messes to clean up, little girls getting bitchy and on top of that no sleep!

We have tossed a few ideas back and forth and have come up with a spa day. I originally thought of this as being to expensive as manicures here in the south are around $25. Then with some help from my friends, I came up with the great idea of taking the girls to the local beauty school. For $12 a head they get a manicure, up-do and mini makeup application! not too shabby and while there mama gets a nice spa manicure and pedicure for $18! Much better then the exorcist playing out at my house which is how I am after I don't get any sleep following the girly sleepover.

It's that or remember the Valium from Q-Tip?.............or should I save that for baby's birthday party at Chuck-e-Cheese????

No comments:

Post a Comment