Saturday, July 10, 2010

Is it genetics?

My kids are the most uncoordinated creatures I have met. There, done, it's out there! Firstborn could not ride a two wheeler until she was 9! when she was toddler, the only way she could ride a tricycle was backwards. Huh?

Baby is just the same. He still has training wheels at age 7 and he is not a small petite child, he is tall and skinny and looks like a 20 year old riding a miniature cycle in a circus!

So in my infinite wisdom, or just desperation, this summer I signed the kids up for camp. They go alternative weeks to give me a break and allow me to actually get some work done for the dollars I am being paid. Camp is held at a gymnastic facility, they are horseback riding, swimming, performing gymnastics, using the zip-tie, scaling the rock wall, have archery and Tae-kwon-do lessons! wow right? What was I thinking?????

They have had two full weeks of this wonderful adventure and I have had three visits to the local pharmacy for supplies, two phone calls to the pediatrician, 1 day of missed camp and a helluva lots of stress! We have sustained a sprained ankle, strained tendon, bruised hand, black eye, bruised knee and we topped it of with one case of a stomach virus with vomiting and diarrhea that Mount Vesuvius would be proud off!

Next summer, art and music camp may be on the agenda but I would have the only kids that fall of the piano stool, sustain burns from the bow of the violin and get an allergic reaction to paint!....sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment