Friday, July 16, 2010

Curly Q

Firstborn has been pestering me for a perm. She does not want the old type perm that I used to get that smelled like rotten eggs but a spiral perm. Now once upon a time I was the Queen of spiral perms but I was close to 14 years old. Firstborn is only 11. She has great hair and I just do not want her to ruin it. We have spent time with the curling iron, hot brush and rollers but it was never quite the same.

Within the dark dusty cobwebbed recess of my mind, I remember rag curling. My nana used to do this to my mums hair back in the dark ages. So thanks to Google and you tube I was able to find instructions on rag curling.

I diligently cut strips of rags and curled pieces of hair around the rag and Voila! Sent Firstborn to bed with the head of Medusa.




Next day unrolled the rags and this is the result.........

What do you think?......

No comments:

Post a Comment