Friday, September 18, 2009

Book fair

I went to babys book fair at school to help out. My job was to help the kindergartners write their wish lists so they can go home to beg their parents for the money to buy the books. How cute are they and how their personalities shine through.


One quiet little girl with hair perfectly braided, with matching outfit, was writing her own list in her perfect handwriting, requesting assistance with a word here and there. All her books were TV shows, Suite life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. I asked her which show was her favorite and she quietly replied "Wizards". She then added "I wish I was a Wizard" so I replied you do? what would would you wish for? And she smiled" I would wish to be a princess or a Queen, so I can have everything pink" now this might sound crazy but that made me smile ear to ear with warmth and memories.


I remember the days when Firstborn wanted everything pink, wanted to be a princess and thought her mum was the Queen of all the land! Now, she just told me she wants to shop at Aeropostale (Could luck with that one, by the way), loves black and goth style (but not creepy Goth just cool Goth to be cool with skirts and keds but also to have girly days too) and now tells her mother not to help her with her math homework because "we all know your no good at math" and rolls her eyes when I try to help because what could her mum possibly know. Ahhhhhhhhh... where did the days go of castles and dragons go?


Oh well, I still have baby right? ...Right?.....baby?.......baby? "I'm playing the Wii mum, and is dad home because he is the only one that can help me this, oh and by the way mum, video games don't ruin your brain!"


Quincy?................Quincy?...................

No comments:

Post a Comment