Sunday, September 20, 2009

Anger

I will be the first to admit one of my biggest faults is I can be very quick tempered. I can anger easily and try extremely hard not to do so but succumb way to often. I hate it when I yell at my kids, or soulmate for something I should try to work out. I thank the lord everyday that soulmate is the calming force in my life because if he was anything like me, our house would be a tornado.

When such an incident occurs I hate the feelings I have after wards and do not want to feel like that anymore.

So I have made a vow to myself that I am conscientiously making more of an effort to hold my anger and take steps not to speak until the hot feeling has dissipated. and I am able to speak more controlled. To help me with this I am going to be honest with my posts and document incidences good and bad to make me more accountable.

I was reading a quote recently by an American Writer Ambrose Peirce and found this to be very pertinent so I though I would share.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret"

So wish me luck, my self improvement begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment