Monday, August 31, 2009

Have you ever seen a dog disgusted with life?

A couple of Weeks ago, my pooch , Quincy had to go to the groomers. He was looking gorgeous, just how I like him all white and fluffy, but we are in Texas, it is 100 Degrees and the dog's coat had to go. We took him to the local Petco. Soulmate dropped him off. Now, soulmate loves our dog as much as life itself but it is a bit of an insult to his ego that his dog of choice is a white fluffy Cock-A-poo and not a British Mastiff. Soulmate therefore instructed the groomer to ensure his dog looked manly! Later I get the call from Petco that Quince was ready for pick up. Well, I now have a skinny "Manly" white dog with bushy eyebrows . As you may or not know I am British, so I am unsure if you have heard of the Susan Boyle, Simon Cowell's discovery on Britain's got talent, before the makeover, but that is now my dog!

Anyway, I digress, following grooming, Quincy has been licking his paw, which is not unusual however a few days ago I noticed a nice red bump. Quincy has been licking this crazily and it has been growing and getting bloody. I tried a sock, I tried antiseptic spray with a deterrent, but the last laugh is on me as Quincy LOVED the taste and continued.

Decided it was tine for a vet visit. Quincy has been diagnosed with a Histocytoma, a benign (thank God) tumour that regresses on it's own if the dog stops licking it. If not he will need to have it surgically removed along with the digit. So treatment consist of antibiotics and monitoring. Now, back to the title of this blog entry. To stop himself from licking his paw Quincy has to wear an Elizabethan collar. Now, I put the collar on and after the initial scratching he didn't put up too much fuss until I went to make lunch. Quincy came running into the Kitchen and bounced off the Island, decided to try to pass on the other side and bounced off that too. Quincy is now getting irritated and decided to try one final attempt so he rubs up to me and shoves the collar in the back of my legs to get my attention! Disgusted with the state of affairs, Quincy slouches off.

Feeling sorry for the little guy albeit extremely amused I decided to find him. He is standing in my office, as still as a statue, with a look on his face that just said it all. "why, oh why did you do this to me mum!"

Shame Soulmate had the camera as it was a classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment