Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First concert

OK, as a family we watched Never say Never, the Justin Bieber movie...Love the Bieb, especially after that movie! Anyway Firstborn made a comment that she didn't get why everyone was screaming and going nuts at the concert. Soulmate and I tried to express how it feels when the lights are dimmed, the bass starts thumping, the crowd starts screaming, you catch your breath and Duran Duran walks onto the stage (OK I know I'm aging myself) but it's difficult to explain especially when she says "who's Duran Duran?!".
Soulmate decided to give her the experience first hand and surprised her with tickets for myself and her to catch Katy Perry at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie. Well, what fun we had! When we arrived lots of blue wigs and candy colored clothes and that was just the men!
Firstborn and I danced, screamed and sang to all the songs and I felt I really showed the young 'un what it was all about! Now she understands and now she wants to know what's next?... I dunno, anyone know if Culture Club still tours?

No comments:

Post a Comment